10/29/2007

Does gore=quality?

The simple answer is of course not. But you'd think with all the painting of Nintendo as a company with a "kiddie" image the last few years (and the general reaction to any game that didn't have an "M" rating), you'd think the level of violence (and in some cases sex/nudity)actually correlated to the level of quality. And here's where the Manhunt series comes in. See, though the first one was essentially an exercise in pure depravity, which some people definitely got a kick out of, I wouldn't really consider a high quality title. Now with the highly controversial sequel finally hitting stores in a few days, one has to wonder if the game is actually any good? My honest to god guess is that it's going to be a fairly mediocre experience. But hey, at least you can't complain about the Wii not having any M-rated titles!

I'm making one last plea to all Wii owners, current and future: BUY ZACK & WIKI. This is a game you should not miss out on. I've mostly said my piece on this brilliant title, but maybe some highlights from the dudes over at Destructoid will help you make the right choice:

BUY THIS GAME.

ZACK AND WIKI: QUEST FOR BARBAROS' TREASURE IS THE BEST GAME AVAILABLE ON THE WII RIGHT NOW.

PURCHASE ZACK AND WIKI AS SOON AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE.

If you own a Wii and you don't purchase Zack and Wiki, you are a bad person.


I want to go out on a couple of quick plugs, first my buddy Kevin has a new site where he gives humor-filled reviews of bizarre old arcade titles-The Arcade Diaries. This is the one guy I know who can school me in just about any area of game knowledge, so he definitely knows his stuff and it's a very worthy read.

The second, in case I don't update before Tuesday, is for the sixth season of Scrubs, out on DVD Tuesday. As I said when discussing the season premiere, there are some definite low points, but the worst episodes of this show is still better than 95% of anything else on TV, so it's well worth your money to go pick this up.

FREE GAME OF THE WEEK: Balance Attack

No comments: