9/29/2007

Finally able to finish the fight...

YES! It wasn't exactly an agonizing wait thanks to other distractions (like my new Sony toys), but I can finally play Bioshock, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata & of course, Halo 3. It is not my old system, so I'll assume that one has been put down like an animal, but hey, it's just a console and I welcome my new one with open arms (as long as it keeps working anyways). So expect to see me back online on a much more regular basis.

So, I still haven't popped in Resistance on my PS3, but I have played a demo for the upcoming rpg Folklore, and it's not half bad. Granted, the graphics look like a decent PS2 title and there is no voice, which already makes it sort of underwhelming. But the soul-catching aspect, especially using the remote almost like a fishing reel to pull in souls, works surprisingly well. I couldn't recommend this for a $60 purchase if that indeed turns out to be the price, but it seems like it'd be worth it when the price does go down.

I realize I'm a day late on this (attribute it to being exhausted), but let's get on to this weekend's movies. I like the Rock. A lot. He's a very charismatic actor who's willing to take a lot of chances. That should get him plenty of plum movie roles. But so far, he's mostly been relegated to schlock action films which have mostly flopped. So now, he goes the embarrassing Disney family movie route with The Gameplan. Didn't we do this with Hogan, Schwarzenegger & Diesel? Hopefully more daring fare like Southland Tales will turn it around for Mr. Johnson.

The only other movie this weekend worth talking about is The Kingdom. An apparent murder-mystery set in Saudi Arabia, with hostile culture-clash thrown in for good measure. It looks great, and has gotten some good reviews, but just as many bad ones, so it makes me a little weary. But I'll most likely check it out this weekend anyways if I'm not too into the gaming haze I plan to get into.

FREE GAME OF THE WEEK: Fugitive Takedown

No comments: