7/13/2007

Nobody can kill good will faster than Sony

You know, if you asked me this morning how I felt about Sony and the PS3, my response would've been that it looks they've finally made a turning point. Sure, I feel the 80 gig model is a giant waste, but not really any more than the 360 Elite, and their lineup for the next 12 months looks really solid. Hell, I'd probably buy one early next year, maybe even this holiday if I've got enough left over after buying all the cool 360, Wii & DS titles (not likely, but who knows). I bet a lot of gamers who had more or less felt Sony was really done for felt that way. But then Sony has to be Sony. They can never keep the goodwill going and just shut the fuck up. And once again, Sony is just asking for it with what has come out in just the past day.

First off, we have Jack Tretton claiming that third parties just don't know how to take advantage of the uber-awesomeness of the PS3, and if they can't do that they shouldn't bother make games for the PS3. Way to support your partners there, Jack!

Now that's simply an exec being stupid, it's almost Sony's forte at this point. But then we get to announcements that really will piss off somebody far more important: THE GAMERS. Firstly the Europeans: Sony has fucked these poor people over a lot. Launching way late & having a wretched excuse for backwards compatibility when the 60 gig over here does it to near perfection. And Sony today has shown that they don't give a damn about that territory, because not only are they not getting the 80 gig model that Sony has been hyping so much, they aren't even dropping the price. Just what is their brilliant strategy to increase their horrid sales over there anyways?

But hey, I'm an American, I don't really need to concern myself with how badly Europe is getting fucked, as long as I can get one for $500 or maybe even cheaper as the reaction from many companies is that $500 isn't cheap enough. But here's where Sony really pisses me and everybody who was thinking about buying one off:

According to SCEE president David Reeves, the now-cheaper 60GB PS3 will be sold out in the US by the end of the month. Once they're gone? No more. Ever.

All they're doing is taking their stock in trade that they've got at the moment of the 60GB model, marking the price down and it will all be gone by the end of July.

Once that happens, he says, there'll be just the 80GB models. Which cost $599. So if you want in on some of that PS3 price-cut action, you'd best get cracking.

Seriously Sony, just go fuck yourselves. You finally drop the price, your sales go through the roof (comparatively speaking) and you're basically going to throw that momentum away completely in a few weeks? You must have a bunch of mentally challenged monkeys running you're company, because this is by far the stupidest move any company has made, ever. If this indeed turns out to be true, I'll definitely not be buying a PS3 anytime soon, possibly never, cause I just can't take the bullshit anymore. I', seriously nearing the point where I'd do a dance of joy if your entire company went bankrupt, because you've honestly fucking earned it at this point.

To end today on a happier note, I've made my first internet video, and managed to not look like a jackass (possibly because I'm not in it), but check out my fan-made trailer for Nights: Journey of Dreams:



Iit' a little rough I admit, but I think good for a first effort. I'll probably do a better. longer version when they release a lot more footage. And just like the last couple of days, I'm posting some of what I think are the best videos of the day to come out of E3:

Super Mario Galaxy: Bee Gameplay



Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Debut Trailer:



That's it for now, I'll definitely be back Saturday or Sunday though.

No comments: