6/14/2007

Fantastically Meh

I think I was one of the few people on Earth who didn't hate the original Fantastic Four. It was far from a great film, but Chris Evans & Michael Chiklis played their roles well, and to be fair, Fantastic Four has always been at best a mediocre comic book, so I wasn't expecting too much. I expect the situation will be the same with this year's latest unnecessary sequel, Rise of the Silver Surfer. It's tame PG rating and current reviews suggest it's bland, overblown & bloated, which oddly enough still makes it worthy of the lame source material it's cribbed from.

I'm sure the big screen version of Nancy Drew will be great for 12-year old girls and nobody else. I understand it from a marketing perspective, but it would've been nice if they made it a little more in the tone of Veronica Mars so a more mature audience might enjoy it.

That's really it for today, but I got a new feature for you: The TRAILER OF THE WEEK. Basically, every week I will post a trailer for an upcoming film. Some big, some small. So, here's the first:

NATIONAL TREASURE: The BOOK OF SECRETS

No comments: