1/25/2007

The Virtual Console is finally getting good....

Ok, we all know it had a rather weak start, but with the release of the classic Legend of Zelda: The Link to the Past this week and the confirmed release of the legendary Mario Kart 64 next week, The VC is really starting to hold its own for quality releases. NOW WHERE THE HELL IS KID ICARUS????

I tried the much-anticipated Crackdown demo yesterday and I was far from impressed. The game is essentially like GTA if you removed all the depth. Literally all you do is shoot gangbangers. You get stronger and can do interesting stuff like lift vans with bad guys and throw them off cliffs as well as leap tall buildings in a single bound, but the aiming sucks, you have one hand-to-hand move (a super spin kick of doom!) and that's it. I know a lot of people are willing to put up with a crap game for a surefire entry into the Halo 3 beta, but I'm not wasting my hard-earned $60 on this sub-par crap.

Much more pleasant was the Rogue Galaxy demo I was able to try out today by pre-ordering. This is from the geniuses at Level-5 who also made the tremendous Dark Cloud 2 & Dragon Quest VIII. It has a great look and I really like the flow of the real-time combat. This will probably be the last great rpg on the PS2, so everybody should pick it up.

Games radar has published a list of the top 7 game franchises that have been run into the ground. I'm honestly a little disappointed because it's an obvious and safe list that no one in their right mind would argue with. I mean c'mon, Tomb Raider & Dynasty Warriors weren't even good to begin with...

For you Firefox game nerds, a new Mario 3 theme is available, I'm using it now, and it's beyond awesome.

And finally for a bit of nerdy fanboy awesomeness: RYU vs. SCORPION-WHO YA GOT?!?

No comments: