9/01/2006

Crank it up

What do Jason Statham & Nicholas Cage have in common? Two big movies with NO SCREENINGS FOR CRITICS! Which is becoming a startling regularity, but it sort of makes sense. I can just tell Wicker Man is going to be another pointless "spooky" mystery with some many plot twists that it makes absolutely no sense. And Crank seems like another mindless action vehicle, but it doesn't pretend to be anything else, and I really like Statham, so I plan on seeing it this weekend.

I'm really digging Disgaea 2 so far, lots of great humor and deep strategy and I'm not even at the end of the second chapter. Really my only problem is that I already have too many party members and have to decide whether to make a B-team or just delete some characters so I have a small but lean team.

So, just how fucked is Sony? According to this lengthy WIRED article, very. I admit that I always thought Sony was doing very well in pretty much all their departments despite seemingly minor setbacks like UMD. Even if the PS3 makes money, it may not be enough to really save the company, which is a very interesting thought that next round we may just be seeing MS & Nintendo duking it out.

That's really it for today, but I'll leave you with a little visit from Mr. Gates, circa 1995:

No comments: