1/18/2005

The first step is admitting you have a problem...

I have something to confess, even though I gave Suikoden IV a rather mediocre score of 6.5, I fully intend to beat it (mainly because there are no other rpgs I'm interested in out now or coming anytime soon). Let this be a lesson in following your instincts, becasue my gut was telling me it was a bad idea to open my pre-ordered copy. This is unfortunately not this first time I have done this with an rpg (I've lost count of how many hours I wasted on complete crap like Beyond the Beyond just because there wasn't anything else out there). Granted, if it becomes too frustrating or tedious, I will trade it in, but since I've already got 12 hours invested, I don't see that happening.

In other news, I don't mention TV too much (mainly because I haven't had cable for months now), but I did catch a bit of the Golden Globes last night (mainly during commercial breaks of Family Guy, that show gets funnier each time I watch it), honestly the only highlight was Robin Williams acceptance speech of his long overdue Cecil B. Demille award. Otherwise it was yet another bunch of awards given to people and films for reasons other than being the most qualified like every other pointless "let's kiss our own asses" awards show out there. Just the fact that neither Napolean Dynamite or Garden State were nominated for anything is proof of that.

Assault on Precinct 13 comes out on Wed. I haven't seen the John Carpenter original, but my guess is this won't be a good remake considering they released it in the dead month of January.
There's seriously nothing remotely interesting out till Hitch on Feb. 11th (Will Smith's first romantic comedy, and it actually looks funny).

All right, I'm off for some more banal seafaring expeditions......



No comments: